Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tilling The Rows!!! Take 1.......

What a beautiful day to play in the hop yard! The weather here in Upstate NY is pretty amazing right now. Especially considering the horrendous winter we experienced this year! Being that it was almost 70 out today Crystal and I figured we would till the rows. 

Now mind you, we decided to do this hop yard on a budget mostly with the equipment and materials we have here on the farm and on the land. The locusts post came from the woods, the fields were part of the farm, the plow was found in one of the barns and retro fitted, and the plan was to use the farm tractors(we ended up buying a small tractor to toy with). 

So anyway, back to tilling the rows. We have a 5hp MTD rototiller that was "commandeered" from the family and we thought, "Aw heck, we can till with that!" 

I think I can, I think I can.....


Yea, about that, that was as much fun as going for a swim with a toaster! It was WAY too small for the job! So hopefully we can come up with a better solution fast, or before I bust my back any more with that thing! But hey, can't beat the view!


That's Bradley(the big Great Dane) and Fiona(the baby Boxer) and Crystal picking rocks!

At least we have two rows tilled! Only eight more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment